christian life fellowship
we will be live streaming for the next two sundays
Letter From Pastor Paul Kidd
I’m sure everyone is aware by now of the crisis our nation is facing with the Covid-19 Virus, and the instability it’s creating with the economy. To maintain our integrity with the government, we will be canceling all corporate gatherings through Sunday March 29th. On March 30th, we will reevaluate the situation and further communicate plans to the CLF church family. The next two Sundays we will host a virtual service at 10:30AM via Livestream. The admin team is also working on a technology platform that will allow home groups to interface virtually during this duration.
During these days I would like us to remember the following:
- We are a relational body. Our joining in the Lord is not based around a building or a specific meeting. I would encourage everyone to use cell phones, text, group chats, email, FaceTime, and all platforms available to communicate with one another. The church throughout history has survived times of persecution, famine, financial crisis, and even witnessed members being martyred. This is a time where genuine faith and body life is tangible even though we are not physically together. (Ephesians 2:19-22, Romans 1:8-12)
- You have an Eldership Team and Pastoral Team that is walking with you through this season. If you have needs, prayer requests, or just need someone to talk to, please reach out to your LifeGroup leaders. They love you and are here to support. The elders have set processes in places to make sure the elderly, widows, and all single ladies are cared for during this time. (1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Let’s continue to be faithful with our tithes and offerings. We still have operating costs and we will have many people in need during this season. (Malachi 3:8-12, Acts 4:32-37)
- The winds of adversity are blowing but we have built our lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. We need to stand strong and courageous with our brothers and sisters and let the world know the confidence we have in Jesus (Matthew 7:24-27)
- This is a great time to show the love of Christ by our acts of service to our community. Jessica Johnson is equipping our food pantry to service members within our body as well as those outside of our body. I would encourage everyone to be the Good Samaritan to friends, relatives, associates, and neighbors. (Luke 10:25-37)
- Let’s pray for President Trump, his Team, the Senate, and Congress. These leaders are under great stress as they try to navigate us through these difficult days. (1 Timothy 2:1-2, Jeremiah 29:7, 2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Let us exercise our spiritual authority as we pray against this virus that is a threat to all people. (Mark 16:16-18)
The body of CLF entered this year with the prophetic mandate of “The Year of The Sphere.” That mandate has not changed but has intensified during this critical time. People’s hearts are failing because of fear. The instability of finances is causing many to fear. This is a great time for harvest and for us to be the hands, feet, and voice of Jesus to the RDU area.